• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

higher K=shorter bulb life??

I was reading an article at borders at lunch that says that "the higher the kelvin on a bulb, the shorter the bulb life. It that true? It mentioned that the mixed halides in the envelope start to darken the glass.

PS: Is anyone going to address my other topic? Looking for a quick answer. Moderators??

Since the temperature color does not really have anything to do with real temperature inside the bulbs but with the different chemicals used in gas fillings for MH and coatings for fluorescent bulbs, I seriously doubt that there is a linear corelation between the color temperature and the longevity of the bulb. On the other hand it is quite possible that different gasses and coatings will differently maintain their original composition. When you also add that there might be also a difference in manufacturing processes between different companies and batches of products, different amounts and types of contaminants, sure you will have different performances of different bulbs over the time, but I doubt that you will be able to quantify it personally and, again, should not be correlated to the color temperatures.