• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Hippo tang with ich or the white spots

Glad the fish are doin good ;D good news is always best! And bill sorry if you feel like i was attacking AO. I wasn't. I meant stores general. I've bought from AO plenty

Nickjr000 said:
Glad the fish are doin good ;D good news is always best! And bill sorry if you feel like i was attacking AO. I wasn't. I meant stores general. I've bought from AO plenty

Nick, I responded to your pm's. My post wasn't directed at you alone.

Aside from making AO sound like they sold sick fish and they tried to hide it, there was the idea that all stores are responsible for making sure fish don't get sick when they go home, and there was the willingness to accept the idea that a long time sponsor of the club would try to push sick fish off on a newbie. We have several lfs sponsors and I don't think anyone of them would lie about sick fish. Even the ones I choose no to buy from! There was also some bad information about ich itself. I just wanted to state my own opinions.

Reefers need to make, and take responsibility for all their decisions. No one should trust any one persons decisions on a topic. Ask your questions, get some answers, and then ask someone else the same questions and see if it still makes sense. Read, and read something else other than posts on the internet. I ask AO a lot of questions and they ask me questions. As much as I trust everyone at AO, I don't ever recall making a decision based on their advice alone.

Powder Blue Tang died :'(

For the record, not blaming anyone except myself for my poor decision in buying a PBT. From my research, they're probably the most prone tang to ich. Live and learn.

Ok I have been supplementing food with galic and vitamin c and the ich spots have subsided but the hippo tang now has one eye bubbled out. Is this a side effect? and is it repairable?

called popeye. with excellent water quality and vitamin/garlic supplement the fish has the chance to get over it without medicine. other than that you would have to catch and treat in a hospital tank.

It can be caused by two different things. A single pop eye can be a fish equivalent of a "black eye". Most likely he or she banged it on something. If that is the case just keep up good water quality and doing all the things that you should do anyways it should go away. Happened to me I was freeking out. If both eyes go then you have a disease problem and you will have to take more extraordinary measures.

I am not 100% sure about this but I thought convict tangs did not do well in captivity. I thought they were hard to get to eat?