• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

hydor koralia placement

Everyone,
I need your help on your trick/tips to place my hydor koralia on my tank to have a better flow around my rocks without blowing the sand into sand dune.
my tank is a 6 foot long with 18 inches width. it is a 125 gallons tank and I currently have 3 koralia #4 in the tank.
thanks
Olivier

I assume you have an overflow?

I'd try and put two on on end, then the other plus the return of the overflow on the other side...So then the center of the tank would get flow from both sides. Experiment and see how that goes.

i have an external overflow at the center of the tank. both of my koralia #4 are on the top of the tank.
I attach some picture so everyone can help me

4ff296c2.jpg

thank you
Olivier

i had to leave the cones on that they came with, other wise i was getting the dune effect also, i have 4 hydors, 2 4"s in the front at each corner and 2 3"s at the rear at each corner, alternating oppposite as a wave motion

You are not putting the flow focuser on or you put it on? If you put the flow focuser on, the water flow will not spread out as much right?
How deep do you place your koralia? are they all in the same height relatively to the bottom of the tank?