• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I hate my CO2 regulator

I have a Milwaukee CO2 Regulator. It model MA957. I hate it. I can never get the bubble count to stay consistant. I set it and the rate looks fine. I go back and check it an hour later and the bubbles stop. This goes on everyday. So much for set it and forget it. Can anyone recommend a better, more reliable regulator?

Thanks

Mike
are you using a controller? I could never get the bubble count right either, I now have it connected to a controller and opened up the bubbles 2-3 in 1 Mississippi's and let the controller do the work.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
to much back pressure in the reactor. You either have to increase the effluent or decrease the input. I was having a similar problem except the bubbles would stop completely. I did both and have been rock steady since. *<<<<<anti-jinx>>>>>*

I'm not using a controller.

"increase the effluent or decrease the input". Rich I don't quite follow you. By "decreasing the input", do you mean close down the valve on the CO2 tank and "increasing the effluent" means open up the needle valve?

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
decrease the input of feed water into the reactor. The back pressure in the reactor chamber is whats making the regulator inconsistent. You can either put less water in or let more water out to lower the pressure in the chamber.

Before I left for work this morning, I increased the water coming out of the reactor. When I was home for lunch, the bubble rate was still going.