• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I think I have a Whelk

I believe I have a Whelk, but now I am not sure where it is.

I will look for it again tonight, because I want it out quick.

Welk.jpg

Any known ways to lure these out?

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Yes, we bought one that was mislabeled as a conch, the little bugger will go through your snails like candy. They have a very similar shell to a conch but move live a large nassarius snail. Nasty little buggers.

put him in your sump till macna dave. i'll take him. i like to put them in a ring(my refugium) with the sps eating snails, and see who comes out victorious ;)

Well I am happy to report I found the whelk and took him out. (sigh of relief)

I was wondering why my clean up crew kept disapearing. Well I guess I have at least part of the reason solved.

Mr. X, I am not sure if you were joking or serious about wanting it.

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
We gave ours back to the LFS where we bought it, didn't even want anything for it. They are better left out of a tank.

i was serious actually. i don't purposely kill anything. everything has a chance in the refugium. if you were thinking of euthanizing it, give it a chance in "jurrasic park".