• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

I thought the giant bristlworm was bad... red eyed white racing stripe hitchiker

Anyone here see the online cartoon thing that Honda (I think it was Honda) put together with the crab... "i pinch"

anyways that's what this reminded me of (sorry once again coffee hasn't kicked in yet LO

I come down and do my morning check of my tanks... I see my emerald crab (or so I think) in the aquapod and then I'm checking out another area and hey wait, there he is again? 2nd time is clearly him, he's out in the open... so I go back to the 1st spot... HEY you're not crabby!!! Looking at me are two beady little red eyes (never a good sign right?) I decide to grab a shrimp pellet to coax him out, drop it right in front of him... he slowly eases out keeping his little claws tucked tight to his body (I'm trying to see the ends to see if they are sharp or rounded, but he wont' show them) but what he does show is two white racing stripes on his head... are you kidding me? Red eyes and white racing stripes... I can't think that's a good thing on a crab.

Now I know... hitchiker crab, get it out! Even if that advice wasn't drilled into my brain from boards the fact that it has red eyes and white racing stripes makes me think evicting him is a good idea. Of course the rock he was in is at the bottom of my tank, and while it's not a big tank 24g, it's full of rocks and corals and everything is balanced... move one rock and you have a couple hour mess on your hands, along with my 3 yr old trying to help and no extra saltwater mixed up yet (hypersalinity dip might get him to exit the rock right?). I haven't added anything new to the tank in months and months (except my emerald crab, and he obviously wasn't hiding this guy LOL) so he's likely been in there awhile without causing issues yet, key word being yet as I'm sure when he gets bigger my little green banded goby will look pretty yummy as will my other fish.

I think the reaquascaping gods are trying to tell me something lately eh?