• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Ice Cap ATO

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Who has one? Mine all of a sudden beeps for no reason.
The resivor is full with water and return pump chamber is also God with water.
Any ideas what he problem is?

Last edited:
If the water touches the sensor with the white white it will beep and if it runs more the 5 minutes it will beep.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I had a feeling it was when return chamber was using up. I think the water is splashing in the sensor. I moved it so will see if they works.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Good call by MrX.
Had the same problem a fee times.
If you angle the sensors a bit any water drops tend to roll off.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Thanks or input but did not solve my problem.
Went off at 3am, so unplugged and will do manual top off until I figure this out.

Is it a new unit? Try contacting customer support, I've had a pretty good experience with them.

As mentioned before, there's only a few reasons it would alarm.. water contacting the overflow sensor, pumping for too long or empty reservoir. Beyond that, maybe damaged sensors.

Customer service sent me replacement parts free of charge when I contacted them.. they may know more.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Seems to be the pump. Cleaned sensors and no good. Took apart the pump, wasn't very dirty. It worked for an hour and then started beeipng.
Should I put some Vaseline and see if that helps?
Pump will not work even when I press the pump button.

I had a random beeping problem too. Contacted them, finally figured it out and my beeping stopped.. by the end, they'd sent me enough replacement parts to build a second ATO.. now on my other tank..

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Good news & bad news. They 're willing to send a new pump but I need proof of purchase and threw the box out months ago. Luckily ACC emails receipts and gave them that. New pump in the mail tomorrow.

erics210

NJRC Member
If I raise the sensor above water level the pump will not start. Even if I press the reset button.
Having this issue now. If I click reset, pump does fill some. Top white sensor does trigger audio alarm when water level rises. But will not trigger pump when water goes below black low level sensor.

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Past couple of years I've been getting the same thing, maybe once every 2 weeks or so.
I'm simply holding the outside magnet in place, then unplugging it and plugging it back in.
Seems to clear it for a few weeks.
Still don't know why it does it to begin with.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Past couple of years I've been getting the same thing, maybe once every 2 weeks or so.
I'm simply holding the outside magnet in place, then unplugging it and plugging it back in.
Seems to clear it for a few weeks.
Still don't know why it does it to begin with.
I just unplug it for a few hours and it resets itself.