• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

ID help.

Can anyone tell me what this is .. i left the picture large so it is easier to tell.

It's in the middle of my star polyps.

img2349sc4.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you're talking about that small brownish thing in the front left, it could be a small closed up mojano maybe. Just a guess, though, because it's kind of hard to tell.

Actually there are three of them ... I circled them here. I also poked it and i closed up .. definatley felt soft. Reopened after a minute.

If it is a mojano, should I get rid of it?

coralcopytz8.jpg

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If it is, I would say you should get rid of it. There's a lot of mixed emotion about this topic too, so you may get a number of opposing views. I have two or three of them in one tank and they've never been a problem at all. Others, however, have had some bad experiences with them. Generally speaking, they are considered a pest and should be eliminated.

I wouldn't do anything just yet, though. Wait until someone else can do a better job of confirming its identity.