• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

id please

IMG_0233.jpg

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mott768 said:
I am hoping it a Rasberry Lemonade Nasuta ???

It certinally looks like it. Comparing it to a named photo would be the only way to quickly tell. The way to truly tell is to examine the skelton under a microscope by someone who knows what their looking at (not me btw) and I'm pretty certian the description from the microscope guy won't include the word Rasberry or Lemonade. ;)
Nice piece btw. Put me in line for a frag if you could.

Good Luck,

Thank's Rich, I'll put you first in line :) It was mostly green when I got it (if you look to the lower right of my pic you'll see one branch still is, it hasn't grown much but is/did get real colorfull in the past month,

Mine
IMG_0233.jpg

pic from ATL of the rasberry
fragsraslemon.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
try taking the picture from the other direction. I'm having a hard time getting a good look at the coralites the way yours is positioned in the photograph. If you could position yours similar to the way it is in the ATL photo that would probably help.

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Don't forget that places like ATL and ReeferMaddness run 1000Watt/20K lights which will certainly produce different colors. I think its the same piece.

I agree with Rich in what he just said. It surely looks like the same piece to me.

It's going to be really tough for the average person to get colors like those exotic places since we don't run the intense lighting they do. I'll take 90%-95% of the color and save on the electric bill anyday!

When you keep in mind the difference in cameras, lens, lighting and angle of pic, your piece looks exactly the same IMHO.

Anyway you cut it you have a really nice piece of coral.

Carlo

PS put me in line for a frag after RichT.

Carlo

Thanks guy's, I only wanted to know the family it's in so I can read up on it's requirements, this way maybe I can see if I can do something to help it grow faster and keep it's long term health in mind. I'll try to get a better pic, it's more towards the top back of the tank it's hard getting a good shot, especially since I do not have a good lens.

I tried to get better shots but wound up screwing up my camera really bad and now tank take any good shots, I tried resetting the camera but for some reason it's still the same. I made some changes and now when I take a pic you hear the click and about 4-6 seconds later you hear the other, I totally screwed up the shutter speed and can't figure out how to reset it to factory settings. so now every pic I take is overexposed :(

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Tom, Tool menu #2 on the camera (the one to the far right) Go to clear settings and select Clear all camera settings.

That should do it

Thanks Brian, I had to clear all settings & functions before it was back to where it was ???, I thinks it's back to normal now (till I screw it up again...lol)