• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

im new here looking for reef stores in nj

hi i am new to this forum i am from manhattanreefs.com and i learned alot and bought very good items from that website i hope to learn from you guys here also.i am going to south jersey this week and would like to know of any reef stores in the area im going towards gspkway anyway thanku for the help. :)

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Hi! And welcome to NJRC!

Tropiquarium is right off of exit 105 on the GSP. What is your ultimate destination in NJ? It will be easier to direct you to the best stores in the area if we know where you're headed.

Enjoy Trop if you go there and tell them that NJRC sent ya!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
210_28_02_07_8_35_10.gif

to NJRC

Where in South Jersey are you heading? There's some debate as to what constitues "South". :)

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Well, I live about 1/2 hr south of AC. The store closest to AC, Ocean Aquarium, isn't much for reef stuff. And this time of the year they cut way back on the fish order also.

Even though it's "central" jersey, I'd recommend Tropiquarium near Neptune / Asbury Park.

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I agree with the others. If you don't mind popping off the Parkway on your way down or back, Trop is a pretty good place. They may be a little pricey (as are most LFS') but they generally have a nice selection and the store is really impressive.

There's another place a few miles off of Parkway Exit 82 called Aqua Oceans. It's completely the opposite of Trop. The store itself is small and the selection is small but the prices can't be beat. Plus the owner is a really good guy. His selection is definitely hit or miss. One word of caution, though, they're closed on Sunday and Monday.

HTH