• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Inkbird with wifi

Just found out this was a thing, I ran a regular inkbird and it worked well until the readings went out of wack.
Anyone try the ones with wifi and 2 probes? Looks like if 1 probe is 5° dif from the other, it will message you.

Did you get the 306 wifi? I liked the 308 since it was able to turn on the fans and/or heater, but they don't make a wifi aquarium version for it. Customer support said you can cut off the metal probe and attach the silicone probe, so it's something I was looking into doing.

Did you get the 306 wifi? I liked the 308 since it was able to turn on the fans and/or heater, but they don't make a wifi aquarium version for it. Customer support said you can cut off the metal probe and attach the silicone probe, so it's something I was looking into doing.
The one with 2 heaters. 306 I believe it is. I run my house pretty cold all the time so I don't need to cool my tank.

Got an alert from temperature getting too hot, 2 year old heater finally failed. Great product for those who are interested! If you want the 308-wifi for both heater/cooler control, you can cut the probe and rewire the one with the silicone jacket, gives no problems so far. It only has 1 probe vs 2 probs that the 306-wifi carries, but that one supports 2 heaters and already has the proper probes.

Salted

NJRC Member
I've been wanting an inkbird controller, finally got one last week. I will be adding two BRS titanium heaters to replace my pair of Eheim Jagers. Anyway, it seems the wi-fi one got a bunch of bad reviews so I went with the standard 306t for two heaters. Swamped here so haven't even opened the box yet.

What were the reviews saying? I've seen people complaining about the wifi signal but router is in the room next to it, so it hasn't been a problem for me, at least not yet.

Salted

NJRC Member

Not holding calibration. Several bad reviews here. I'm not a real techy kind of guy so simple is better for me.