• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Inspection camera

Paul B

NJRC Member
I have one of those inspection camera's that have a 4' flexible probe on the camera that you can use to see what is blocking pipes, behind walls and all that. It is a very clear color camera so I tried it out in my reef tank. I pushed it all the way into the cave where my pair of pistol shrimp live with a watchman gobi. The shrimp were not impressed and attacked the camera. It is very cool and I can connect it to a phone or camera to record the movie. Of course, I don't know how to do that, but I may figure it out. I also checked out behind my rocks which I have never seen. Very cool.

art13

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I need one of these to figure out where the 5" exquisite wrasse hides in my tank, i can't for the life of me figure it out.

Paul B

NJRC Member
This would work.
It has a connection on it that you can connect to a TV or I would imagine a phone. When I get time I would like to try to figure it out as the pictures are very clear. It also has a light on the end that you can control the brightness and flip the picture over.
I got it in Home Depot for about $80.00.