• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Interceptor treatment .... again.

Thanks Bill.

I think i'm ok with the water. I'm actually pretty comfortable with the way things went. I thought it would be so much more of a big deal but it's really easy and I can't wait to have the third treatment done with.

I'm gonna do some trials on the 58gallon frag tank and see if I can't get SPS to stay alive in there. I'm gonna clip my corals when I'm done with the 3rd treatment, make some frags, and see if they'll live. If they do then i'll use it as my QT tank for future buys.

Guys, i left my 1/4 treatment in for a two and a half days in my display tank (the only one i have).

No sign of the little suckers, thank God!

Question: Do I have to remove this carbon that I just put in yesterday, anytime soon? I'm not going to do another treatment unless I see them again.

*Maybe once a year as a preventative measure. I'll lever add another frag without dipping first...

Erik

Erik, you really should do at least 2 treatments, to be on the safe side. You killed all the adult ones, but if the eggs hatch, they'll be back on your acros in no time.

As for the carbon, yes you should exchange it after doing a good water change.

Wendy, just for clarification. I added the carbon after doing my 30% water change yesterday. When should I do the next treatment, a week or so? I need some bulk carbon...

While I'm at it, how often should the carbon be changed for regular maintenance?

Damn, I just changed my P04 media yesterday too.

Yes, I'd wait a week to 10 days and then treat again. No need to change the carbon until you do another water change AFTER the second treatment.

I change my carbon every 3 weeks. :)

danthemanj said:
I then treat the acclimated coral with an Iodine dip for about 15 minutes and then treat it with a fresh water dip for 30 seconds. So far, I think its working out. The process doesn't hurt the coral and gets rid of 99% of all pests. The only issue is that the process takes me 3 hours. I do this for ALL coral, softies, LPS and SPS.

Its been my experience that SPS's and most corals do not like this at all. Interceptor, Iodine, Flatworm exit, or TMPCC (Tropic Marin Pro Coral Cure) is all I've used.

erid said:
Damn, I just changed my P04 media yesterday too.

As long as you kept your PO4 media running during the treatment, you should be able to keep it online, even after treatment. I'm hoping you kept the skimmer running as well (while shutting off the air vent) and other circulatory devices that could possibly hold water...