• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

It could have been Worse!!!!

On Sunday i installed my new Tunze pumps and watched the tank all day to make the new flow didnt mess with any of my anemones.

Monday for lunch i decide, i will drive home and check out and make sure my anemones are ok again. It couldnt have been worse. Tank was a little milky white and my carpet anemone looked a bit stretched out. The Carpet anemone when it is fully inflated is at least a half a foot away from the pumps. I noticed that one of rock on the side of the tank had fallen over and cause the flow to start blowing directly on the carpet.

Good News - It could have been worse. After two hours and some surgery no damage to the pumps but the carpet was missing some of itself. 150 bucks later overnight shipping and i have rock covers that succesfully cover the pump from my anemones check it out. They actually look pretty good, i assume better when coraline spreads.

All is well now and thank god no spike or anything, I must have just caught it being sucked in. Pics below
IMG_1811.jpg

IMG_1812.jpg

IMG_1813.jpg

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

Tunze Rocks in Place
IMG_1817.jpg

IMG_1818.jpg

wow, i always tell people that if you use powerheads in tanks, never keep anemones,any type of nudibranchs,or madussa worms unless you want a milkshake.