• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January 2018 Public Meeting Mintues

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
NJRC Public Meeting - 1/27/2018
Location - Bad Fish's Home
Start Time - 12:00pm on 1/27/2018
End Time - 5:00pm on 1/27/2018

BOD Members Present:
James - njtiger24 aquariums (left at 3:00pm)
Julie - julie

Frags for raffle provided by:
TSM Corals

There were 12 club members (including BOD members) present at this meeting. We did discuss sharing a booth with Jersey Shore Aquarium Society at the 2018 Monmouth County Fair which no members attending the meeting had an issue with. John M provided the details for this event. The fair will not allow the displaying of two different groups' large banner at one booth. Each booth gets 1 outlet to share and that is not the whole outlet (top and bottom) just one of them (top or bottom). The fair require the clubs to have insurance to use a booth. JSAS already has insurance which can be used to cover NJRC during this event as well. Also the fair require the booth be manned at all times. We discussed that if we share a booth then it should always be at least one NJRC member and one JSAS member. At first it was discuss having two DT going, one fresh water and one saltwater with a smaller NJRC's banner in front of the saltwater DT (to work around not being able to display a large banner). John did give us a warning that last year it was very hot at this event. We discussed that it might be a better option to have a 32in TV with pictures of members tanks cycling then a DT. John told us that this event is a very large event (the fair uses shuttles to move folks around) and could be a great time to get folks signed up. Mark C had a good idea of getting cards made up that can be used to fill out the person's information and then they break off a raffle ticket side for a raffle. We then handled their payment at the booth and their information gets input into our system plus the member gets entered into a raffle. John said he will get back to us on the cost of the booth (he is going to try and see if we don't need to split the cost 50/50 cause NJRC can't display a large banner) but they need to have a yes or no answer before registering for the booth next month.

Trio91

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, if we do it, we may need atleast 1-2 folks on hand each day

Also I'm not sure what dates Eric is planning on having his club meet in July, but we have to split our forces to make this work

We also have our own insurance policy in case that comes up

We can do it

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
thats a good question, i can do some days, not sure all though

Agree. I thought John M stated the week days it was 5pm to 11pm but maybe I misunderstand. If this is the case I can probably do one might. Just need to double check my vacation.

njtiger24 aquariums

Officer Emeritus
Article Contributor
Agree. I thought John M stated the week days it was 5pm to 11pm but maybe I misunderstand. If this is the case I can probably do one might. Just need to double check my vacation.
He might had said 5pm to 11pm. I had it all in my head ready to write down but I got called into work and forgot some of the details

Yes the booth will need to be manned every day it open. @John M can you correct any information I messed up?

Here is last years application & rules which are similar for this year, link below in .pdf format - click on attached file and download into .doc and save; click on it and it will open using Adobe Acrobat. If NJRC has insurance thats' fine but as I mentioned at Sat. mtg. several times JSAS insurance will cover Both clubs sharing booth.
JSAS will try to man booth with 2 people at all times ( break for food/bathroom), hopefully NJRC will be able to do the same. However if there is only 1 per club at times we can cover each other. *NOTE : if you notice it cost more, but having a corner booth would be advantageous for both clubs having more attendees (passerby's) notice our displays and info. Just a thought. As for hours, they should be the same as last year : Wed., 7/25 thru Fri., 7/27 : 5pm - 11pm ; Saturday, 7/28 - 3pm - 11pm ; Sunday, 7/29 : 11am - 6pm.
Still don't know if we can set up Tuesday 7/24. I think it said something in the .pdf notes that we have a possible time of several hours to set up before Wed. 7/25 start ( or to be ready within one hour after fair opens), will try and get that as soon as available and relay the info to you.

Attachments

• 2017_Fair_Non Food_App_FINAL.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 6