• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

January NJRC Photo of the Month Contest Questions

so far no photos have been submitted so if you submit a photo and are the only one then i guess you would have to win and that 10 bucks just like that....don't be shy submit those photos. its anonymous unless you win!

NJRC Photo of the Month Contest

So far we have 5 photos in the running for the contest. Pictures will be accepted until midnight tonight (Tuesday). anything submitted after that will be put in the running for next month.

when submitting a photo please include a title and your NJRC username. it can be difficult to match up your email accounts with who you are. for those that have already submitted please email Photos@njreefers.org. this is so the winner can receive the proper credit. all photos will be displayed anonymously.

Thanks!

what if your screen name is the same as your email, do you still have to resubmit it?

Not that I'll win cause we all know it will be Merv and Steve ;D

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

Even though Merv and Steve are superior talents, don't be intimidated by that. Brian (ReefDrums) submitted a couple pics to a RC photo contest after owning his camera a short time AND NEARLY WON! In fact his picture appeared in Reef Keeping Magazine. Besides, Merv and Steve only take pictures of people's funny faces and this contest is limited to Reef related. ;D

C

concept3

I don't qualify since I'm a mod.

I'm leaving all the fun to you guys!

C

concept3

RichT said:
In fact his picture appeared in Reef Keeping Magazine.

HEY! So did mine!

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-09/index.php

It's the gorgonian I had when the 20 gallon was up!

and here's Phyl's & John's Blenny (somewhere through the slide)

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-10/reefslides/index.php

I also have an article about a brain that was won by Steve........................ Hey! There's a connection...... Steve had my camera, now Steve has my Brain! LOL

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-01/nftt/index.php

:) :) :)

I don't feel the love

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus

What da ya mean you don't feel the love?
RichT said:
Even though Merv and Steve are superior talents

And here's some more!
RichT said:
Besides, Merv and Steve only take pictures of people's funny faces
LOL

I was simply trying to encourage people to not be intimidated and using Brian's recent success as an example to not fear the masters.

I may be wrong (as usual) but I'm not sure being a mod would disqualify you from the contest. Would it?

C

concept3

Nah, this mod is disqualifying himself.

MORE PICS EVERYONE!

Ahhh But what if you have a crappy camera ;D

Back to my Q was my pic received or should I resubmit?

all Nikons and Cannons should be on next month battle of the picture :D , just leave this ones for the ones less experience people ::) j/k

" the force be with you fellow reefers "

let the fun begin.

Ralph