• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Jig for routing overflow

I made this jig to route the teeth in an overflow I'm making. It's working out great.

Attachments

• DSCN0322.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCN0320.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 128

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow.. Sweet.. I wish I had that thing when I was doing my teeth!

Nice Job!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
That's great. I like the idea and the results are fantastic. How did you attach the guide on the bottom? Did you route a channel and then glue that piece in?

Very nice work.

JohnS_323 said:
That's great.  I like the idea and the results are fantastic.  How did you attach the guide on the bottom?  Did you route a channel and then glue that piece in?

Very nice work.

I routed the one channel into the wood first. I knew I wanted teeth to be 1/2" apart, so I glued the bottom tab 1/2" away from the channel I routed in the wood. So as you can see in the pictures, you route one tooth in the acrylic, then you move the jig over and place the bottom tab into the tooth you just routed. You teeth will be 1/2" away from each other.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
JohnS_323 said:
How did you attach the guide on the bottom?  Did you route a channel and then glue that piece in?

Uh... I think he wanted to know how you attached the GUIDE to the bottom of the JIG ;D Is it glued in place? In a routed channel? Screwed in place?

Phyl said:
JohnS_323 said:
How did you attach the guide on the bottom?  Did you route a channel and then glue that piece in?

Uh... I think he wanted to know how you attached the GUIDE to the bottom of the JIG  ;D Is it glued in place? In a routed channel? Screwed in place?

Oh, sorry. It's glued in place.

Must be a South Jersey overflow with only one tooth. ;D ;D
index.php

RichT

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Jcurry@wesketch said:
Must be a South Jersey overflow with only one tooth. ;D ;D

Nope......it would need hairy legs with one tooth for that. ;)