• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Joe's juice not working?

Some of you might remember but I've been having a problem with aiptasia i can't seem to kill them they shoot guts out after i shoot them but then a week or two later they're back same spots. anyone know how to kill them for good?

CBBs are hit or miss (seems more like miss) and many people can't keep them alive. Peppermint shrimps seem to be the more favored approach and they tend to not die quickly like the CBBs do for many people.

Just my $0.02,
Carlo

Peppermint shrimps definitively. They definitively do the job with Aptasias (personal experience), they are very good general cleaners, and while some people caution against any shrimps in reef setups, I have never heard of anyone complaining about them from their personal bad experience. Just as long as you (or LFS which I have seen) do not confuse them with camelback shrimps. You can keep several of them, they are OK with other shrimps (cleaner and sexy in my tank) and they are very hardy.

Yea, I'd agree with that. I've got skunk, cleaner and peppermints in the same tank with no problems. I like shrimps in the reef, lobsters too!

Oh they are safe with other shrimps? i'll try that then i thought they wern't safe... oh well haha i'll have to go find one now :)
THANKS AGAIN GUYS

just make sure you get the pepermint (Lysmata wurdemanni) and not camelback (Rhynchocienetes uritai) or rock shrimp (Lysmata californica) which are all very similar and often found mislabeled in stores.

Yeah but if they are hard to keep+to big for my tank i think i'd be beter off with the shrimp but if the shrimp eats it i shouldn't have a probblem with them coming back because if they do it'll eat it again