• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Just checking on my coraline growth progress

Hey guys. My tank has been running since Nov 5th, I turned the lights on a week before Christmas, & went through my Algae blooms too. Now I have no more algae, except for the haze that we clean off of our glass every 24-48 Hrs. My coralline Algae has been spreading nicely since the initial die off, now I'm just waiting for for those "pretty" Pink, Purple, and Green colors to start covering my glass!

I see spots spreading on my overflow and and powerheads, and other plastic parts but why not on the glass? How long does it usually take until it goes crazy? Just curious.

Lighting -Outer orbit w/ 2-150Hqi (10K) and 2- 130 dual power compact actinics (420nm and 460nm).

Tank 90Gal reef ready

Nitrates 0
Phosphates 0
Cal 450
Mg 1400
Ak 9.5
Gravity 1.027

Flow 3 maxi jet 600s

Thanks,

Erik

try using marc weiss coral vital it will bring out the purple coraline i have been using for a while works great

Thanks Ham. I'll look into that product.

I've seen purple up, & agaronite Milk also, but when I look at it's ingredients, it seems that they just have the same contents as the necessary supplements (magnesium calcium etc.)

Erik

panmanmatt

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
You can scrape it off the plastic a little. This will get the spores into the water column where your pumps will spread it around the tank.

As Brian said, give it time. Just keep your alk and Ca up and it will take off before you know it.

I considered swapping my 10K HQI for 14K but I figured I'd use the bulb for the life of it (1 yr).

Sometimes I just want more blue (to jump my Coraline growth)! Then again, I could just go for true blue actinics.

It that 420nm or 460nm? On my dual bulbs of them is blue, the other is more purple-ish??

What do you guy's think about those $20 HQIs on ebay? They have them in 10, 14 and 20K

Thanks,

Erik