• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Kamoer ATO is junk

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Have to say this ATO is a Piece of ****. The first one had pump issues after a month contacted customer service, which is one person, and we went back and forth. Eventually, they stopped replying to my emails. SO I picked up another from AMZ and returned the broken pump, oh well respond to your customers. Every few days the sensor and pump would not sync and the alarm would sound; I would scoop a cup of water out of sump and all good. Well I am going away and have a member coming to check the tank plus a dog sitter staying at our place. I decided to reduce the ATO flow so it would not sound or not often. Nothing worked as the pump could not move water that far on reduced flow. I just opened the flow all the way and now the pump can't push the water the way it did before. Goes up partially up tube and then right back down. Nor sure what I am going to do as no time to order a reliable ATO.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
I have to say my tunze ATO is solid.
I tried Neptune atk and it was horrible
I tried ice cap ato and that was horrible

if you have a tank that’s smalller than 50 gallons
This is a really good one. The prism ato from reef breeders. I have this ato
In my 20 gallon and it’s doing good.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I may have to dig out the IceCap one which also had alarm issues but at least it pumped water.