• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Killer Tonge Coral? Or just lucky

Guy's I found my pipe fish dead this morning. My tongue coral was sucking on it's body when I found it.

Two weeks ago the same coral had a green chromis half way in it's body.

Do I need to get rid of this thing, or is it this a coincidence?

The only other copod eating fish in the tank is a 6 line wrasse, and his belly is huge. Maybe the pipe fish wasn't eating enough.

What do you think?

It doesn't sound like coincidence to me but I guess the 3rd fish will tell the story if it happens.

Do you have any place to move it to?

Carlo

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Wow. I thought they were like plate corals and just took what happened past them! The evidence seems stacked against it though... I'd be blaming it too, at this point.

Have you done any searches to see what you can find?

No, I just asked around to get opinions. Most reefers seem to think that the fish are already dead and just so happen to touch him.

My fiancee is pissed! I over payed big time for that fish too...

Anyway, the chromis have been fighting recently (I was warned), and I did notice the the stomach area on the pipe fish was on the skinny side last night(if that makes since).
Who knows?
*Oh, and last night was the first time that I turned out my moon lights in mos. Go figure.