• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Learn the hard way

I have been using MicroBacterclean in my 20 gallon with fantastic results so decided to use it in my dwarf seahorse tank... big mistake. Had such a big ammonia spike in a color I never saw before, even when cycling my tanks. 8 dead but got rest into smaller tank with new water before all were gone. Glad I noticed before going to bed or all would have been wiped out. I had used it previously but since removed the sand and made it bare bottom, probably the reason...

I have been using MicroBacterclean in my 20 gallon with fantastic results so decided to use it in my dwarf seahorse tank... big mistake. Had such a big ammonia spike in a color I never saw before, even when cycling my tanks. 8 dead but got rest into smaller tank with new water before all were gone. Glad I noticed before going to bed or all would have been wiped out. I had used it previously but since removed the sand and made it bare bottom, probably the reason...
Dee so sorry to hear about your dwarfs you lost I know how much it hurts,, just stinks especially when it’s our own fault, know how ur feeling been there myself this week
But least u saved some

Yikes sorry for your loss, I was actually about to try this product but maybe I won't now

Yikes sorry for your loss, I was actually about to try this product but maybe I won't now
I started using it in my 20 gallon and love it. It did a great job, that was why I tried it in my pony tank.
I think it had this reaction because there was no sand and only few rocks in the tank.
So I do recommend the product, my 20 gallon looks great since I started using it.

I started using it in my 20 gallon and love it. It did a great job, that was why I tried it in my pony tank.
I think it had this reaction because there was no sand and only few rocks in the tank.
So I do recommend the product, my 20 gallon looks great since I started using it.
Oh yeah sounds like it might have been a bacteria issue then, maybe not enough biological filtration

Oh yeah sounds like it might have been a bacteria issue then, maybe not enough biological filtration
I called the company (great guy) and he agreed that the bacteria didn't have anything to grab on to once I took the sand out.
Dwarf seahorses just have to be treated different then regular salt tanks

LOL... already up to 28 again. Seems some babies were born during this whole thing. You would think they would be the first to die but they are fine. Happily, my favorite female and her mate lived... actually my original 4 made it.
Awesome so happy for you