• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Lighting Question

At this moment i am running 150 watt mh and a 45 watt atinic pc on a 30 gallon hex. I have a 38 gallon rect tank that i am thinking of setting up, and moving everything out of the hex into it. im just not happy with the limitations of a hex tank. the lighting that I have now do you think it will be sufficient for the other tank? it is 36" long and about 20" deep.

Thanks

Edwardw771

NJRC Member
Its really up to you. Of course more light is better but it also depends on what corals you plan on keeping. If its SPS you may need more lights.

I'd put on 175 mh's yr choice of kelvins,use the pc's as the supplemental's..( hunching over and yelling"More power master" we need more power")lmao catch ya later Mike

shipwrecked said:
I'd put on 175 mh's yr choice of kelvins,use the pc's as the supplemental's..( hunching over and yelling"More power master" we need more power")lmao catch ya later Mike

lol your to much Tony hehe