• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Live rock vs dry rock

I will get some pictures but you can check out my build thread here. I just about got done finishing my scape, suprisingly i used all the so called junk pieces and the show pieces took me months to realize I shouldnt use them, like I am talking 100LBs of tonga

Attachments

• Resized_20210824_022657.jpeg
    Resized_20210824_022657.jpeg
    92.5 KB · Views: 6
I will get some pictures but you can check out my build thread here. I just about got done finishing my scape, suprisingly i used all the so called junk pieces and the show pieces took me months to realize I shouldnt use them, like I am talking 100LBs of tonga

Thanks for sharing

mnat

Officer Emeritus
Staff member
Where did you guys get your real reef rock? I’m having a tough time tracking it down.
It’s going to be a drive but will at AO had boxes of it. Call to confirm before you go but yeah we just grabbed a new box from like last month because we were changing some things around.

kschweer

Administrator
Staff member
Officer Emeritus
It’s going to be a drive but will at AO had boxes of it. Call to confirm before you go but yeah we just grabbed a new box from like last month because we were changing some things around.
Thanks man!

Finished my aquascape: I dont think FTS does enough to show depth so added top shots. The smaller structure was suppose to be a cave and I feel its too exposed from the front so will add some walls or overhangs. I drilled 1/4" holes in the rock so I do not have to ever use epoxy to glue corals. I have a lot of nice shaped rubble rock that I will glue fiberglass rod to and just add them where I want. I am thinking these holes may help increase biological filtration and speed of how fast the tank gets established. I am still not in love with it but that is because I am never satisfied with anything lol.

output_image1639369128909.jpg

noname.jpg
output_image1639369428683.jpg

Last edited:

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
@Ashish I just went to your build thread on R2R. Didn't get past your first post when I noticed you're in Marlboro. I live between Rt 34 and Rt 79 off of Newman Springs Rd.