• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Live sand

arvin

NJRC Member
I want to buy sand, some live and some non-live for my refugium. What is the cheapest sand that I can get? Has anyone tried the sand that they sell in Ebay for a buck or two shipped?

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cheapest sand is at Home depot. $3.99 a bag. Anyone of us reefers will give you some live sand to seed it. If you're close enough to me in Middletown, I can also give you some brillo algea with tons of critters in it.
KolorScape.jpg

arvin

NJRC Member
I think I'll get some of this HD sand and then mix it with some live sand. I read in RC that this is very fine sand, so I would like to buy some normal aragonite live sand and mix with it. I have live sand in my tank that I can use to seed, but I would like to add more live sand to my fuge.

Thanks!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
If you have live sand in you're display, there's no need to buy more Live sand. I mixed mine with regular aragonite too.