• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

LPS/SPS/Zoanthids /mushroom.

I lost 3 fish
2 wrasses and the starchi and my friend was holding some for me lost 5 in QT as well.. so 7 wrasses and 2 starckis in 2 months..
I've had terrible luck QT'ing anything. Nothing has made it past treatment except mollies. I'm towards the end of treating a purple tang that i got along with 2 wrasses. Tang is still alive. Wrasses couldn't make it even through TTM. I wanna get a lyre tail anthias but I've lost so much more money QT'ing that idk if I wanna waste more money buying fish lol.
It sucks when you literally follow step by step and no luck

Bandito Aquatics

NJRC Member
One thing I’ve learned from selecting fish is watching them learn a lot being attention to how they react it might be silly but I will watch a fish for at least 10 minutes before I decide I’m gonna purchase it.

This last 2 were eating and everything until I took them up... the starcki would not move from a corner by still I saw it eating some..
I did not even see aggression !!!

For some of the harder to QT fish, it might be worth getting them from a site that does the QTing for you and gives you a guarantee. Leopard wrasses are a good example since so many don't make it through shipping, let alone copper and prazi.