• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Marine Betta

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Although I'm not crazy about the look of his tanks, I've had good luck and decent prices on much at Adam's Pet Safari in Chester- he has a marine betta in a tank for almost 6 months if someone is looking for one

Salted

NJRC Member
They are beautiful fish, I'd love one, but they are said to be difficult to keep and can be reclusive. I very much want fish that are out and about.

Edit ; there's also differing opinions on whether or not they're reef safe. They are for coral but a maybe with inverts and smaller fish. I really like my shrimp. If I decided to roll the dice I'd get the smallest one I could.

Last edited:

DYIguy

NJRC Member
This one is an adult, in a tank all by itself- a really beautiful fish. He also has a bicolor blenny that's been there for 6 months- just won't work in any of my tanks

They will go for shrimp 100%, not snails, unsure about other inverts. It does show interest in guppies ( or other tiny fish), but unsure if it's just curious or looking to eat them, usually the other fish will get to them before it tries. They are very hardy fish, after you get it to eat which is really the hardest part. My comet would only eat live ghosties for a month before it showed any interest in frozen, it also doesn't eat much, it spends alot of time in a cave during the day. At night time if it doesn't see you, it will swim around or if its hungry. The fact that its a shy fish is what makes it a lil more difficult to know if its eating the food you leave near its hideout. They seem to be passive fish too, it might get into territory fights, but it heals up pretty quickly!

Last edited: