• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Maybe Next Month

So I'm a new member who was looking forward to my first meeting later this month. Unfortuneately it looks like I ruptured my achilles tendon playing softball yesterday. We'll find out if I need surgery today. Now I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it to the meeting or not.

The moral of the story is.....Old fat men should not try to relive their youth!!!!

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that. Especially being an old fat guy myself! Hopefully you won't need surgery and you'll be able to make it.

Good luck and hope you're OK.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I'm not supposed to be laughing, am I? The moral of the story cracked me up (as I sat here rubbing my achilles tendon). Yowza. Hopefully it isn't as bad as it sounds and you'll be hobbling around just fine in time for the meeting.

Singlemalt said:
The moral of the story is.....Old fat men should not try to relive their youth!!!!

*giggle* .... can I ask then..... what would be the moral of the story when my brother, the infamous Johnny Bass, tore his ACL after a gig while holding a random chick in his arms and drunkenly trying to kick his guitarist?

Here's hoping everything goes alright for you! G'luck!!!

And, if you go, and I manage to finally get to a meeting, if you have a cast, I'll draw a pretty random reef scene with a sharpie for you on it!