• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Meet Tony Starcki the Melanesian Starcki Damselfish in Cranford 07016

I have an absolutely beautiful Melanesian Starcki Damselfish that I bought from LiveAquaria's Diver's Den in Oct 2021 for $130. And like most beautiful people he's an *******. I have a smaller Waterbox MP25 and thought I could get away with it since the tank only had 3 fish including it. Something tells me he would be great in a much larger tank with a lot more fish.

He was just a terror, chasing my Royal Gramma and my clown to no end. The poor RG would hide at all times. Even the clown would try and avoid it or (perhaps I'm nuts) but show sign of submission. It would slowly sink lower and lower as Tony would swim by it.

Here's the thing, I'll give Tony away BUT I want someone who is willing to QT the fish. I may or may NOT have ich. I don't know. I have a UV and once every two months I will see a white spot on my clown. I think the UV keeps it at bay but doesn't eliminate it. So I don't want to infest someone's display tank.

To be honest I hate to get rid of him because of how beautiful it is, but my reef tank feels like a dam war zone.

If anyone has advice or would be interested let me know.

-Gaspare

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I could QT it , have a tank, but it won't work with my other fish- if any of my local north jersey buddies are interested take it and I'll keep it for you until it's good to go-

horseplay

NJRC Member
Well i think it needs to go into a tank where there is a much more dominant and assertive fish, like a peacemaker. Always wanted to have a starcki but I have a RG and clowns like yours.I just realized you have a small tank a larger tank will definitely help.

If I am first in line I could pick him up at 2:30pm this afternoon if that works for you… otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get over there until Monday. You can text me at 9175387285

Just an update. I tried putting Tony in a time out and placed him in an acclimation box. Although not 100% successful he seems just a jerk now from a total SoB.

I would like to thank the community for allowing an acceptable exit strategy.