• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Missing Yasha Goby

I recently purchased a Yasha Goby, put it in the tank, and for the first week or so it looked fine. Was eating and out. Then it just suddenly disappeared and hasn’t been seen for a month. How long before I assume he’s a goner?

It’s just a 15 gallon nano. I have one clownfish in there, and I added a candy pistol shrimp probably a week after the goby disappeared.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
That is small tank. Has the goby and shrimp paired up in the same burrow before it disappeared? I doubt the shrimp took it out and assume it died for whatever reason.

I do have a lid. No, they were not paired up before it disappeared. I’m just wondering how long I should wait before I assume it’s dead. I’ve heard stories before about them disappearing for a while and then showing up fine one day. Just curious if anyone else had any experience with this before.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I put 2 yellow watchman in a 40b hoping they'd hook up- one harassed the other until it disappeared- 2 months later it did- was still about the same size as when I put it in. But a 15 g with no obvious aggressors it's hard to imagine it never showing it's face. I don't know much about pairing up ( sequence of adding ) a yashi and candy pistol goes, but since it didn't happened one would assume the goby is gone

Last edited: