• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Moved to new part of NJ

Hey guys,

Been awhile since ive been on here. Wanted to know if anyone knows of good LFS in hunterdon county. I recently moved to Califon.

Also, any advice on the type of RO system for a well? I currently have the 4 stage BRS system. Do I need to upgrade for well water?

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hey guys,

Been awhile since ive been on here. Wanted to know if anyone knows of good LFS in hunterdon county. I recently moved to Califon.

Also, any advice on the type of RO system for a well? I currently have the 4 stage BRS system. Do I need to upgrade for well water?
Hey Neighbor! I'm in Chester- Adam's Pet Safari in Chester is my LFS and his store is mostly fresh water, birds and reptiles- I drive to Sea Level in Pine Brook- if you're willing to take a chance and quarantine Petco in Roxbury has some deals- I have a well as well LOL-I recently bought the Buddy- Good for me so far- but I have a Spring fed well

Hey neighbor!!! I am just over the hill from you on the Northern side of Lebanon Township. I typicaly head out to SomethingFishy in N. Hampton Pa. Don't bother going to Adam's pet safari in Chester!!!!!!! Has to be the filthiest store in the country and zero saltwater live stock. The new store in Flemington across the street from the medical center is nice with a good selection of corals. I am on well water with a softener and 5 stage BRS Ro. if you ever want to take a ride out to Fishy with me, hit me up via pm. Stan

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Hey neighbor!!! I am just over the hill from you on the Northern side of Lebanon Township. I typicaly head out to SomethingFishy in N. Hampton Pa. Don't bother going to Adam's pet safari in Chester!!!!!!! Has to be the filthiest store in the country and zero saltwater live stock. The new store in Flemington across the street from the medical center is nice with a good selection of corals. I am on well water with a softener and 5 stage BRS Ro. if you ever want to take a ride out to Fishy with me, hit me up via pm. Stan
I hate to completely diss somebody- but have to agree about Adam's- I never thought about Flemington vs Pine Brook or Clifton for driving from Chester-If you do go- maybe a heads up on what fish it has for 30 gal/ under tanks, but if your into coral maybe check out Mike in Parsippany- you can find him on Craigslist- hobbyist- sells out of his garage-has very impressive DTs

momof6kids

NJRC Member
Welcome back. I haven't been to the 2 in Flemington yet. Really have to make the time to go there, since I work in Flemington. ;) I agree with Paintman27, Something Fishy is good, and I justify the trip since they sell the Red Sea salt $15-$20 cheaper than I can get it anywhere else. ReefCo in Greenbrook isn't too far for you either.

Thanks guys. Checked out reefco which is pretty nice. Went to washington fish store and they only had freshwater :/. Thanks for the recommendations. Will be checking it out.

I hate to completely diss somebody- but have to agree about Adam's- I never thought about Flemington vs Pine Brook or Clifton for driving from Chester-If you do go- maybe a heads up on what fish it has for 30 gal/ under tanks, but if your into coral maybe check out Mike in Parsippany- you can find him on Craigslist- hobbyist- sells out of his garage-has very impressive DTs
Can you please share Mike's contact information?
I tried looking at CL but no luck.
Thanks.