• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Mushroom decaying

Have sort of a problem don't know how big but this occurred to me about 1.5 months ago with some hairymushroom where little by little it just died off. I was convinced that it was the RBTA which was moving around at the time and ended getting him before i got to move him. It happen again to some hardy blue mushroom. Every other mushroom are doing fine its just this one one by one there just dying off. Its placed in the sand bed and was close to the RBTA again but he would have had to move a whole lot through the sand in order to reach him which i didn't see. So what else can be causing this to happen. :'(

I have a frag of zooa but there not that close to them no change in lighting and last time i checked the water params were fine. As far as ammonia,nitrate,nitrite and dont thing they went that far off. Would have to double check again. Could have the RBTA reached over and stung them. But its werd because i noticed it like yesterday and it seems like its affecting them one by one. There just turn into like slime. No pics at this time as i was running late for work. I did move up from the sand bed. Hope this works :'( Is there anything that would cause this snail,fish zoa for the must part mushrooms are really hardy?

I listed the main things that would cause a mushroom to shrivel like that. A RBTA sting takes quite a bit to affect a mushroom. I've had my RBTA literally sit on SPS for days and it still didn't bother them much. Go over each of your water params again. I don't know of any fish that would make a shroom turn into slime like that.