• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My 90 tale

Hello everyone
Hope this tale stays a happy one.
As of a couple weeks ago I got the tank filled,plumbed,and the refugium/sump in place and running , also moved all Rocks,sand and occupants from their tempory home. I hope to get to aqua oceans tomorrow, I saw some nice Chromis there wich I want to start with. So thats it so far

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Cool. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

I may stop in Aqua Oceans today too. Maybe I'll run into you there.

Would you be able to give a brief instruction on how to post picks. I tried to use the attachment option and that worked but the pick is gone now . Do they only stay posted for a certain amount of time?

Hi all
Got two green chromis today from aqua. fist fish in tank.
going to try a pic of the ref
a>

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I didn't have my glasses on...So I enlarged your pic ;)

Looking good, can't wait for more pics!

103_0996.jpg

the sand-sifting starfish is named as such because it is sifting sand for things to eat. Does your sand have anything in there (e.g. worms or pods yet?). If not - it might be useful to provide some morsels down there.

Some might even argue that the star-fish actually eats the very things that you want in the sand bed to keep it clean. But I guess if it works - go for it!

Good luck!

Wow! You're moving right along huh?ReefDrumz
Ive had this tank since april. moving along? I Feel like I,m dragging my feet.
Does your sand have anything in there ? phil519
There should be because I moved stuff from a fairly established tank to this one. The other tank had spagetti worms and other stuff plus I see lots of amphipods on the rock.
If I can make it . Is it O.K. to show up at the meeting in Marlboro without a formal invite???

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry about that, I think I confused this with another thread on here ::)

Dragging your feet is better than rushing...that's for sure.

You're more than welcome to come to a meeting, if you could RSVP for the meeting that would be best.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The meetings are all open to the public, and EVERYONE is invited! You're more than welcome to come, but as Brian suggested, RSVP is good so that the host knows how many to prepare for.

Since my last post I have added a Blue throat trigger , a watchman goby, and a Percula clown, plus about 25 lbs dry live rock. These have been in the tank for about two weeks now. I,m going to let this run for awhile before adding anything else.

TryingItAgain said:
Since my last post I have added a Blue throat trigger , a watchman goby, and a Percula clown, plus about 25 lbs dry live rock. These have been in the tank for about two weeks now. I,m going to let this run for awhile before adding anything else.

Good call. Take your time.