• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My chameleon

My son with my Tamatave Panther Chameleon who died last night at the ripe old age of six.

IMG_7413.jpg

Jul2305.jpg

IMG_7412.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
How sad. Is 6 old for them? Sorry for your loss. Sierra would have LOVED to get to play with that one. Was your son devastate?

Thanks Phyllis. Five years is the average. My two older boys are 8 and 12 and I told them this morning. I haven't told my four year old yet. He used to love it when the chameleon would take a silkworm from his hand with his foot long tongue.

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Sorry to hear that Greg, that was a cool looking chameleon! I can't believe you could have it outside and not have it run away.

ReefDrumz said:
Sorry to hear that Greg, that was a cool looking chameleon! I can't believe you could have it outside and not have it run away.

He was really cool. When I would open the cage door he would crawl onto my arm then perch on my head. Funny how you get attached to these critters. I was going to try to breed them but the female turned out to be a runt. The females are about half the size of the males so it was about a year before I realized she wasn't going to grow anymore. And at $300 each I wasn't going to try again.

I never had to worry about him running away since he was about as slow as a turtle on the ground.

Here's another one that I had a few years ago about to make a meal out of a silkworm. This one is a Jackson's chameleon:
Jun2061.jpg

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
Awesome looking Greg. Sorry for your loss. My son has a Beardy fairly young and its has some color. His leopard geckos that just laid eggs and we're trying to hatch them out.