• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My experience with peppermint shrimp

Stephen8169301

NJRC Member
I recently put a peppermint shrimp in my tank to battle aptasia. The moment I put him in the tank he disappeared I could not find him for days I just figured ah he didn’t make it, well turns out these shrimp are nocturnal. I did not know this. After finding this out I noticed all the aptasia in my tank was gone except for one the rock was up against the glass so no way he could get it so I decided to try something I put the rock in front where I new he made his home needless to say the next day (today) it was gone! Im just sharing my experience and hopefully it helps others.

What’s your experience with these shrimp if you used them?

I recently put a peppermint shrimp in my tank to battle aptasia. The moment I put him in the tank he disappeared I could not find him for days I just figured ah he didn’t make it, well turns out these shrimp are nocturnal. I did not know this. After finding this out I noticed all the aptasia in my tank was gone except for one the rock was up against the glass so no way he could get it so I decided to try something I put the rock in front where I new he made his home needless to say the next day (today) it was gone! Im just sharing my experience and hopefully it helps others.

What’s your experience with these shrimp if you used them?
I just recently discovered peppermint shrimp are good for battling Aptasia.

MadReefer

Staff member
NJRC Member
I bought a few but they were not true peppermint shrimp and they never touched the Aptasia.