• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

My son and his addiction

Mark_C

Staff member
Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
So, last week my son, 9, used his cash to buy another 2 Transformers for $60.
He just asked, a few minutes ago, if he can get another one at $40.

Me: Are you sure you want to spend all your monney on Transformers, dude? You're going to use up all your savings.

HIm: 'Yeah, I want it. I can't explain it.' He gets anxious. 'Its like I want something and I just have to get it and I don't think about the money.' 'Can you understand?'

Me: Looking through my new antique style glasses (that arrived today), away from the new Mac, my eyes cross over my 3d printer, pass over the shelves of the numerous half built models, pass over the corner with the PS and 60" TV, pass over the 30g IM aquarium... 'Nope, can't understand at all.'

Last edited:

Salted

NJRC Member
My 17 y/o son just bought a car today that he's been obsessing over for months so... Doesn't seem that long ago it was hot wheels cars and nerf guns.

My 17 Y/O son is still addicted to transformers. He just sold a few online & purchasing the Studio series. He wants Optimus Masterpiece but a specific year (gasp)Screenshot_20210127-212353_Amazon Shopping.jpg. The addiction is real & it will never go away! Lol.

Last edited:
Marc - you never know. the toy he buys today might be something later on.

Example - I don't know why but I kept a G1 Jetfire transformer in it's styrofoam container. I got it long long ago. A quick look on ebay says it's worth about $100 to $500 depending on condition.

So authorize the purchase. Just don't let him play with them (ha ha).

Salted

NJRC Member
Marc - you never know. the toy he buys today might be something later on.

Example - I don't know why but I kept a G1 Jetfire transformer in it's styrofoam container. I got it long long ago. A quick look on ebay says it's worth about $100 to $500 depending on condition.

So authorize the purchase. Just don't let him play with them (ha ha).
Lol yup. My son has been selling his 1/64 scale hot wheels monster jam trucks. He has a few hundred at least. He’s had more than a dozen sell in the $100-$150 each range. He researches and sells individually or in small lots and is doing quite well.