• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nassarius snail?

I was clamming with the family for the first time at Island Beach State Park. We had tons of fun and came home with a bunch of clams.

While we were there I saw a bunch of these snails. I was wondering if they are Nassarius snails, and if it is a bad idea to put it in the display tank.

28545190-8BCF-4E18-B96D-1DE424ECCBD6.jpeg

Matt

I was clamming with the family for the first time at Island Beach State Park. We had tons of fun and came home with a bunch of clams.

While we were there I saw a bunch of these snails. I was wondering if they are Nassarius snails, and if it is a bad idea to put it in the display tank.

View attachment 30910

Matt
Yo brother their fine to put right in your tank, same as ones I get and give away all time I’ve got least dozen in my tank and hand full in invert tank

Looks like Vibex can be found off New Jersey as well so if you’re concerned about the species you’d have to learn how to differentiate. I’ve tossed a couple of Paulie’s in my tank without issue.