• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Need sand and water

I had a major tank crash the other day and I am looking for some sand and some water that is established for a quarantine tank that I will be using for a while my whole tank got wiped out right now I have one clown anem just hanging in there I want to try to save all my clean up crew and star fish all my sand is bad I used the wrong kinda silicone on my tank and wiped it out any help will do

You don't need sand. Many reefers go sandless with established tanks. I am sure there are creatures that prefer sand, but in an emergency for a couple of weeks you could pass on the sand. Plus a sand bed take time to establish the beneficial bacteria. Using a foam filter would work short term.

Water....how much do you need? Do you need DI water or actual water from someone's tank...say from a water change?

rich

I guess no body can read my mind my bad I am looking for some established salt water from a water change would work an I was looking for a coup or so of established sand so I can avoid a cycle in my quarantine tank that I just set up wich has fresh salt no bacteria
I am located in Berlin nj
Feel free to call or text 856-906-3751
I am also open to any idea on this what happened I used the wrong silicone an wiped out tank some life left don't know what to do with sand rock