• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

need some help with my lighting

I do not know whats going on? I recently purchased a brand new bulb and it was running fine for the past week - for the past few days I have seen that for some reason the light has a very long delay on turning on or would not turn on at all - I tried also with manually turning the switch on the timer. I had let the ballast cool down and placed the old bulb but sometimes it goes on quick and sometimes it does not I know to let the ballast recharge/cool down.

equipment being used - reflux 12k bulb new and old, the ballast is a 250w vue technology

the only difference i have noticed is the sizes of the bulb

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
All 250w bulbs should be virtually the same length. If the new bulb is significantly longer than the old bulb it is a 400w bulb. Smaller and it is likely to be a 150 or 175.

Actually they are the same the writting on the bulbs have not faded out and both say 250w mh 12k on it same brand also

Does any one around 07650 area run the same setup which I can probably test the bulb out and see if its my ballast?

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I don't know where 07650 is, but I'm in Jackson running 250w bulbs. Are the bulbs significantly different lengths?

its a retro fit - it has the socket with a 250 w vue tech ballast currently running the old 12k 250 reflux bulb