• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New 32 gallon biocube

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I use all for reef and absolutely recommend it for smaller tanks!

Also, stop by and I'll give you a couple large zoa frags for testers brother...glad your tanks is coming together!
Thanks I definitely will! I will probably get a bottle soon for when I do start being to dose.

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Just a little update on the tank. Picked up some pieces here and there thanks to some awesome club members here. Tank seems to have stabilized pretty well now. The red Montipora has already encrusted on the rock and the raja rampage has almost doubled in size since I got it last month. I’m hoping things will continue to grow in here as I plan on moving everything to the 125 gallon once that’s up and running and turn the biocube into an anemone/ clownfish tank that my daughter can enjoy. I’ve learned so much in just a short amount of time from reading people’s posts in this group and can’t wait to hopefully host a meet and greet one day.

Attachments

• 1FF9A162-4893-41E3-9BFB-DC08ADA4DF4F.jpeg
    1FF9A162-4893-41E3-9BFB-DC08ADA4DF4F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8

Jamie S

NJRC Member
I’m having a slight issue with the frogspawn not opening up. I have it across the tank from the gyre and the gyre is on a low setting anything more will create a sandstorm. My parameters are as followed:
Salinity-1.025
Phosphate-0
Nitrate-10
Calcium-426
Alk-9.3
Mag-1040
Ph-8.4
I use Brightwell neo marine salt. How can I raise my magnesium without raising alk and calcium? I do 5 gallon water changes every weekend. I’m thinking of doing 2 5gallon water changes this weekend. What do you think? Also my red monti which used to be a bright red is now just pink and the seasons greetings monti was bright green and now kinda brown. I feed twice per day and reef roids once per week. My chalices and zoas seem to be doing well. The tank is going on 6 months now so I know it’s still a baby. Any advise would be appreciated.

Attachments

• F4185D9A-0A14-4565-92CB-42541289D27B.jpeg
    F4185D9A-0A14-4565-92CB-42541289D27B.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2

diana a

Staff member
NJRC Member
Try the kit on the new salt water. The test kit may well be off. Magnesium kits are notoriously problematic, especially the Red Sea kit.

Your phosphate are too low for euphillia corals. They feed on phosphate + nitrates you have to have some of the 2. Also if the flow it’s too much it will not open as much as well. Do reef roids 2 times a week that is that I did when had the same situation plus Fuel 2 times a week as well

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Your phosphate are too low for euphillia corals. They feed on phosphate + nitrates you have to have some of the 2. Also if the flow it’s too much it will not open as much as well. Do reef roids 2 times a week that is that I did when had the same situation plus Fuel 2 times a week as well
Thanks Eric, I've been trying to raise my phosphates for a while now. Mostly by trying to feed more but work hours is preventing me from doing that. I may have to invest in an auto feeder. I'll definitely add an additional feeding of reef roids each week..

When my phosphate went down to 0.02 I did 3 reef roids feeding in 2 weeks and went up to 0.06 and I started seeing hammer/ torch/ spawn/ Zoanthids start to open up again
Good luck