• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New look QTs

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
I thought you shouldn't have QT's within 10 feet of another?

The key is to raise copper simultaneously so all QTs reach therapeutic at the same time. Same goes for dosing prazi, metro, antibiotics, etc. When you do this all QTs are in sync and it's the same as if all the fish are in one giant QT together.

The 10 foot rule more applies to QT and DT (or non-medicated HT) not being close together.

Hallowhead

NJRC Member
The key is to raise copper simultaneously so all QTs reach therapeutic at the same time. Same goes for dosing prazi, metro, antibiotics, etc. When you do this all QTs are in sync and it's the same as if all the fish are in one giant QT together.

The 10 foot rule more applies to QT and DT (or non-medicated HT) not being close together.
Understood - your scale is insane !! Makes me want my fish room more and MORE.

My qt fish are so happy in their home and look AMAZING

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
Me humble. I notice you have egg crate around the edge of you aquariums. Dose this discourage jumping???

I just use the egg crate as a border to sew screen under. Except I cut out the middle so that part is screen only.

image-jpg.8360

Humblefish

NJRC Member
Article Contributor
^^ I should add that sometimes the screen in the middle will start to sag, and you have to use fishing line to reinforce it.

DEL

Vice President
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
pyramids!!!!!!!!!! I miss my trio I had years ago. this is such a clean qt setup