• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New Tank AGA vs. Oceanic

I am looking to setup a new tank, I am probably going to go with a 180 Gallon tank, my questions is what is the difference in the tanks? Which tanks would you purchase, and any recommendations for where to purchase the tank.

Thanks

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
I have a 65g AGA non-reef ready and a 120g Oceanic reef-ready. Honestly, I don't have a preference of one over the other. The RR component of the Oceanic is very nice. I'm using an over flow box on the 65, but knowing what I know now about drilling tanks, I may have gone a different route (it's too late now, though!).

I'm not sure where you're located, but if you're close to Ocean Township, Tropiquarium has some really good prices on tanks. They offer good tank pricing to get you to buy the rest of the equipment there. The prices on the other things could be better and if you have the time can do better on line (in my opinion).

HTH.

Ocean county Pet Center In Toms River Has even better prices on tanks & stands than Trop, the main differens between AGA & oceanic is the thickness of the glass but you pay for it with Oceanic tanks. I have Oceanic, AGA & perfecto tanks and happy with all 3 brands, perfecto would be the cheapest of the 3, AGA & Oceanic are the same company now.

i like the older AGA. they are made of thick glass so they have no braces. i have an old 75 AGA with no braces.