• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

New tank lighting setup advice

going to be setting up my 90 soon, need a little advice

I've got a 48" AB Spacelight , I'd like to eventually have a canopy but at the moment I can't afford it with all I've bought for the setup already. I'm going to hang it from the ceiling above the tank about 6-8"

I don't really want the open top though, wondering if I should get the standard glass tops for the tank or have some acrylic cut to fit the top of the tank

is glass better for lighting to get through than acrylic? Or vice-versa?

I second Ham on the egg crate. Cuts easily with a dremel, and you can cut out notches for things like power cords, etc. Inexpensive and very effective at keeping wrasses from jumping out!

IMG_4132.jpg

thanks for the pic ham, what I really was looking for was like a full tank shots of it with the egg crates on top, just to get an idea of how it all looked.

sorry if I'm being picky about that ;D

malulu

NJRC Member
using egg crates wouldn't it also blocked some lights? why using balck color? white color may refect more light to the tank... ?

thx