• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nikon D7000 Macro lens suggestions?

looking at buying a Macro lens for my wifes Nikon D7000 and a top down Photo box. Anyone have suggestions? Sounds like from the reading i have done that it should be above 100mm.

thanks in advance.

looking at buying a Macro lens for my wifes Nikon D7000 and a top down Photo box. Anyone have suggestions? Sounds like from the reading i have done that it should be above 100mm.

thanks in advance.

I think that you would be fine with a 100.... I am a Canon person, and the 100mm is the one that I am looking for. I am not sure about Nikon, but Canon offers a NON IS version for less money. So if you are only using for tank you may look at the NON-IS, but for me when i do get i am getting the IS>

i doubt she'll use the lens just for the tank. I was looking at the one that Melev builds, I have to see if he still makes them.

looks like we are going to pick up a 50mm nikon macro lens with auto focus. maybe pick up the 105mm Nikon a little later after i get my calcium reator and vortech :)