• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Nuisance Algae

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I've been dealing with hair algae for a while- hand pluck, brush rocks- take what I can out of the tank and do the same and treat with peroxide-one problem I've had with the brushing in tank is then having to deal with dinos. I also get hair in the sand, I've been removing it- things seem to be turning a corner.

I removed one piece that looked like bryopsis and there looks like turf algae in another tank

Suggestions on dealing with this, I've put the 75g on hold until I can get my other tanks stabilized

I keep my lighting down- mostly blues

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Starting to think I just have too many tanks- one is going- the 30l when I get the 75 up and running, maybe I'll combine the 40b with the 30 for the 75- will have to rehome a couple of chromis and a pink damsel- think all the other fish will work out in the same tank- I won't have to make as much water for top offs too- would be down to the 13g, the 29 cube and the 75- maybe it's just the Sunday blues- my Jets were horrible today