• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

NY/NJ: Manhattan Reefs Spring Frag Swap - April 15th

JohnS_323

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
mott768 said:
So How did it go??? Get anything good???

WHERE"S THE PIC's lol

It went great. Pics to follow but right now we're all whupped! It was a butt kicker of a day . . .

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
WOW. What a day. 20 hours later and we're finally settling in after driving, decompressing, and putting the frags to bed. All the hard work that goes into making a day like today happen is nothing short of exhausting.

We had a really great time. We got there around 10:30, setup a frag tank and began selling what felt like immediately. That didn't stop all day long. We had a couple of refreshing lulls around the time that speakers were speaking, and were thankful for them! And we were worried about the rain keeping the crowd away. HA! If it kept crowds away then I'm happy, because we had all we could do to keep up as it was.

Today was made entirely possible with the donations from MikeM, Stan Muncha, BluesTravelr, BillyR, and Ed (if I've forgotten to mention you, please PM me!). ILC donated a 100$ GC that we raffled off. Thanks, ILC! Congrats to Mateo who won the cert. Enjoy spending it!

Billy, John and I started at 530 bagging frags for the day (after hitting the hay well after midnight with preparations). Rich left home shortly thereafter to meet us up in South Plainfield. So some of us have had a really long day to say the least!

The NJRC Vendor table was staffed by PMac90, BillyR, Ed, ReefDrumz, JohnS_323, RichT and me. We needed every one of us more often than not! The club can't thank you guys enough for being there and neither can I.

We learned a lot, sold a lot and had a great time. We met each of the vendors that came to the frag swap and hope to have many of them join us for our October swap.

Thanks everyone! Pictures to follow.

Thanks to everyone today... this goes to show how far we are coming as a club... This went AWESOME!!! Great work from everyone who helped out today!

Can't wait to get our own swap under our belts!!

mikem

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thank you everyone for going above and beyond your duties. Wish I could have been there to help out.

I'll echo what Carlo and Mike have posted. Thank you very much.

Any idea when our frag swap will be in Oct? I probably won't have any frags to donate yet (tank will still be to new), but I will definatly plan time to be there to help out.

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
It definitely won't be the weekend of October 14th. Beyond that we're still working on details!

Brian

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
The dedication of the officers and club members astound me at times. Thanks to everyone that made today possible! Today was a great day for the club. Moments like this make me proud to be part of NJRC.

Here are some pictures of the day.

199_15_04_07_10_45_43_2.jpg

The always lovely RichT modeling with our banner

199_15_04_07_10_44_22_0.jpg

Loading up the frag tank:

199_15_04_07_11_14_53_4.jpg

199_15_04_07_10_45_43_0.jpg

Sanjay stopped by to say hi

199_15_04_07_10_48_40_2.jpg

Some of what seemed like hundreds of donations for the auction

199_15_04_07_10_48_40_4.jpg

Some of the tanks @ The Pratt Institute, unfortunately I couldn't get many shots of the tanks, it was crowded up there!

199_15_04_07_10_45_44_4.jpg

199_15_04_07_10_45_43_3.jpg

199_15_04_07_11_14_52_0.jpg

Some of the vendors that were on hand

Reef Nutrition:

199_15_04_07_10_48_40_0.jpg

House Of Fish:

199_15_04_07_10_48_40_1.jpg

Boston Aqua Farms:

199_15_04_07_11_11_36.jpg

199_15_04_07_10_45_43_1.jpg

199_15_04_07_10_44_23_4.jpg

199_15_04_07_10_44_23_3.jpg

malulu

NJRC Member
that sure looks like a lots of fun! sorry could not make it due to the kids... i will try to make it on Oct to help.

Sounds like a great day for the club! Thanks everyone!!

Hopefully I'll have more free time when October rolls around.

Way to go NJRC! ;)

Hey all,

I wanted to thank all the New Jersey Reefers who turned out in the miserable weather today and
helped make the frag swap a success. you guys rocked it ;D

I'm afraid I can not remember all the names of those I met today, swaps tend to be like that :-[
I hope you all made it home safe tonight and had as much fun as we did.
I look forward to seeing you all again in the future :)

Great pics also.

- Jonathan Hale
manhattan reefs

Congrats to everyone that made the swap sound like a great event for us. A big thank you to all those that donated their time, effort, and frags to make it a success!

Marcelo -

Cool im glad u guys had a great time.
i wish my tank was in better shape maybe i would have went & bought stuff
i like this picture "El Presidente"

199_15_04_07_10_44_23_3.jpg

Phyl

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
Thanks, Steve. There's always one. We missed you there. Hope the tank is on the rebound. Nothing worse than a struggling tank. Hang in there. These things are cyclical and you're bound to turn it around.

thanks for the positive input Phyl.
I'm at a lost with the tank everything is where it should be yet I'm still
loosing corals just yesterday the little brain that could start it to loose
tissue & that is one that I'm not going to let die.