• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Omg putting in the hours

It’s 4.20 in the morning and I’m just getting home from work, I started at 6.30 yesterday morning so just did 22hrs and I have to be back at 6.30 this morning. Basically in 2hrs, good thing is that the truck yard is only 55 seconds from my house so if I took a full minute means I made a wrong turn lol I’ve got 62hrs in since Monday after today I’ll have 70-72 hrs for week and then still have full week next week that will go on all one check because we get paid once every 2 weeks. So I should have anywhere from 120-140hrs for the pay period and overtime starts at 80hs for 2 week combined,, I’m looking at 40-60hrs overtime pay( and they pay cash for overtime. I’m just wondering when I’ll drop dead from exhaustion
Have to say that this schedule plays right into my wheel house because I’m used to crazy hours from fishing. I can do 36-40 hours straight and sleep for 3-4 hours and do it all again no problem. I gots stamina for an old guy be 53 in 3 weeks I mean 35 yea that’s it 35

I’ve found the secret of being able to stay awake so long without illegal drugs ,,, you get a 24o coffee and add three 5hr energy drinks shake well not stirred and guzzle it down in less than 5 minutes then wait for your heart to explode lol 6hrs or so left and I’m feeling good and definitely awake

I’ve found the secret of being able to stay awake so long without illegal drugs ,,, you get a 24o coffee and add three 5hr energy drinks shake well not stirred and guzzle it down in less than 5 minutes then wait for your heart to explode lol 6hrs or so left and I’m feeling good and definitely awake
By the end of the day I will have been up 34-36 hours straight. And if they ask I’ll also do tonight and sleep ALL SUNDAY

Well heading back to company truck yard and as of now I have 72hrs this week
Also might be doing it again tonight if they have something for me and my partner
Been up since 5.30 yesterday morning maybe longer really not sure what day it is lol

Don't get hurt because you are over tired
Honestly it’s a baby sitting job actually, when Verizon is working on power lines either state or county road o set up protective equipment to close off road or to set up lane change with cones, takes 15 minutes if you take your time properly less. After all work area signs are properly displayed and visible to traffic, after that we have a large long heavy truck that has a huge crash pad (10ftlong 8ft wide And 4ft thick it’s on a hydraulic arm that lowers and rises the CRASH PAD we call it then we park behind the Verizon trucks and watch them for 8-12-24 hours and make sure nobody crashes into them Our truck would be the first line of defense and take the worst of the blow and protect the guys in the buckets in the air,, because if they get hit they definitely DIE no questions but besides that it’s a job that basically gives me free money 72hrs since monday

Just reading this makes me tired for you haha. Stay safe out there!
I have a cocktail I make it’s called liquid cocane made from 24oz coffee with half pound of sugar then take two 5hr Energy drinks and pour them in there good to go all-nighter my wheel house

daaaaaaaaamn!!!!! OT = tank upgrades and more fish and more coral !!!!
Means catching up I’ve been out basically since March I’m down 47-53 thousand for 2020 uggh American Dream (as long as you make the payments)
I got this I’m from Gen X last if the real bad asses// have no idea how we raised a generation of Snowflakes IDK

Please do share how did it happen is it because they became little people instead of CHILDREN and Don’t Hurt my feelings IDK all I know my oldest is one tough young woman I’ll never have to worry about her, thank god she’s more like me than my wife lol

Well got a lot of sleep n rest and I actually feel worse than I did all week while putting in those hours. Everything is sore walking around like 80yr old man,, kids making fun of way I’m walking down the stairs,, I like to see them after 7 knee surgeries and beating yourself up for 18 years. I mean jeez I’m gonna be 35 in a month. Keep telling myself that and it’ll be true lol

Was going thru my order sheet of where n when we go to places to set safety zone
I did 10 days straight for total of 115 hours and sad part is I would of made more money in 2 monk fishing trips only 2 days
It’s a hard pill to swallow but it’s keeping bills paid so I’m great full

Jamie S

NJRC Member
Well got a lot of sleep n rest and I actually feel worse than I did all week while putting in those hours. Everything is sore walking around like 80yr old man,, kids making fun of way I’m walking down the stairs,, I like to see them after 7 knee surgeries and beating yourself up for 18 years. I mean jeez I’m gonna be 35 in a month. Keep telling myself that and it’ll be true lol
You were running on adrenaline I know the feeling. Take it easy while you can and you’re body will tell you when you are rested.