• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Online Site for Coral

I’m ready to add more coral to my tank, but have been put off looking at stuff at LFSs. Aptasia seems to be all over every system.

What reputable websites or members ship coral? Looking for softies and lps.

amado

Dal
Staff member
Board of Directors
NJRC Member
World wide coral is pest free. Aptasia is almost impossible not to have it in a system. I tried everything and I still ended up finding aptasia. It’s better just to find something that eats it.
It’s like having a lawn with no weeds it’s impossible. Even if you don’t see it it’s still there.

I buy my corals from reefco and his frag tanks are very clean. But if you look at his display you could find a few aptasia in the main tank. Lol so the way I look at it
If they can’t kill aptasia how am I as reefer going to get rid Of it.

Last edited:
Agree with Amado. Even with most of the established vendors, you'll hear people who report getting a pest on one of their frags. Some are worse than others clearly. I'm pretty sure that every vendor would have it in their system somewhere, though hopefully they're not sending out frags that have visible pests.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
Let me know if you can't find Mike- I'll pm you his info- nice stuff, good prices, Impressive home tanks- all out of his garage

SeahorseKeeper

Officer Emeritus
Officer Emeritus
WWC and Unique Corals have been good for me in regards to shipping. TSM also has a pretty good selection. I don’t recall seeing pests in their system but aiptasia is a challenging beast.

I also tried to get most of corals from local members.

DYIguy

NJRC Member
I find that even with 'sales' and adding in shipping most online stores are pricey- unless you're looking for something specific- better to deal locally - people here are great- prices are reasonable and you know what you're getting- aptasia and vermetid snails are part of what we all have to deal with. I just dropped $100 at Sealevel for 4 frags- I'm happy- did see what looked like a vermetid on one- I got bumbelbee snails so I'm not concerned. I've never had any issues with stuff from Mike in Parsippany- haven't had the pleasure of exchanging/ buying from anyone else here- but how could you go wrong.

I’m ready to add more coral to my tank, but have been put off looking at stuff at LFSs. Aptasia seems to be all over every system.

What reputable websites or members ship coral? Looking for softies and lps.
I love TheCoral Dragon, I’ve been there in person and it’s great not pest or anything. They do weekly auctions and shipping is only $15 since they are in Virginia

Here are some of the online stores I have bought from or others i know have bought from and liked. I'd still recommend finding a lfs to buy from so you can see what you are getting. Reefco has one of the best coral stocks out of the stores in Jersey.
The Biota Group
https://www.oceansgarden.com/
Saltwater Fish for Sale | Buy Marine Aquarium Fish | Marine Collectors
Buy Saltwater Fish & Coral - Marine Fish, Live Coral, Salt Water Aquarium Fish, and Tropical Fish from BlueZooAquatics
Saltwater Aquarium, Coral Frags, & Colonies
Harry's Marine Life
https://staubaquafarm.com/