• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Paint Fumes

Follow up on my emergency post on sat AM.
Just got back on line, just saw the posts!
danthemanj, Phyl, mott768, doswari, jer77, Reef_|<eeper, madreefer14, AJ69, concept3, Marinemom, tkeracer619, Sk8r, BobCReef, JohnS_323, michaelm2431, revclyburn,
Thank you for your concerns and offers of help!!
I went offline and did the best that I could with the tanks, made water all night and Sunday, went to trop in the AM and bought carbon and
chemi-pure, and did water changes as the water was ready.

Here's what happened!!!!!
We painted a room and used sealer, strong oil based stuff, heavy fumes. It was raining so I ran the AC to dry out the air.
As this is going on I do my water changes for the week and use up my water! Every thing is done and we go out to dinner. Get back home, Not good! Duo 12 gals, milky-cloudy, all soft stuff closed up, feather dusters over extended, fish freaking out and dieing.  29 gal fish/LV getting cloudy and fish distressed, freshwater tanks, all fish listless. Even the brine shrimp hatchery affected, very cloudy and all dead. All this at 1:30AM.
Well, been making water non stop, I have 2 new 5-gal pails of instant ocean, changed carbon twice and new chemi-pure pillows, I think its over!!
Only lost a lion fish and peppermint shrimp and a bunch of bristle worms that I am aware of.
Thanks again for your responses' and sorry I did not respond right away, had my hands full.
Greg

Pics!!!

Paint%20fumes%20004.JPG

Paint%20fumes%20005.JPG

Paint%20fumes%20012.JPG

Lion2.jpg