• Folks, if you've recently upgraded or renewed your annual club membership but it's still not active, please reach out to the BOD or a moderator. The PayPal system has a slight bug which it doesn't allow it to activate the account on it's own.

Part 1 - Alk Overdose

Adam L

NJRC Member
So last weekend I decided to change the dosing tube on my brs dosers because always seemed to have air in the lines. Ended up siphoning like 200 ml of alk into the tank. dkh was at 18. And of course I just added lfive new sps frags 3 days prior. Did two 30 gallon water changes and added maybe 100ml white vinegar and crossed my fingers. Next day everything was perfect. 8.5 dkh and ph was like 8.6. Whew! Good thing I had 30 gal of fresh saltwater on hand and another 30 gallons of rodi ready to go.

Last edited:

Adam L

NJRC Member
Still all fine! But the worst part is is that there is still air in the lines. Can’t seem to bleed them fully. Anyone have any tricks?

iTzJu

Officer Emeritus
NJRC Member
Still all fine! But the worst part is is that there is still air in the lines. Can’t seem to bleed them fully. Anyone have any tricks?

I would advise looking into check valves and make sure that all connections are tight fitting.

Adam L

NJRC Member
Thanks! I was thinking more about the issue, which is new. I just realized when I started my 130 gallon tank I moved the pumps and 2 part up higher than my sump. For my 30 aio gallon they always pumped up. I’m going to put them back down on the floor. I think that will solve this. There is a high siphon effect and the seals are not perfect.